Took one last swing.....
and packed up the Beach Bus.....
Goodbye to our home away from home. It served us well, and we are grateful for it. We got to our hotel in Waikiki about 5 p.m. The kids wanted to swim as soon as they saw the pool, so they jumped in their suits and I went to find them some food. There was a little convenience store across the street where I found some fairly reasonably priced sandwiches and chocolate covered macadamia nuts- because they are now part of our food pyramid- a daily necessity! This shop was the winner of the expensive milk contest we have been having for 2 months: $10.36! This is twice as much as we normally pay, which is twice as much as we would pay in Utah.
We won't miss rationing dairy products or the ants and centipedes (total of 9 in the house by the end). But everything else, will be missed.
We had the pool all to ourselves in the evening and the next morning; when they woke up and went straight to swimming again. These pics were from our hotel balcony.
I think Matty thinks she won!
I loved the turtles on the bottom of the pool. Kinda like the turtles swimming across the bottom of Waimea.
We didn't have enough money and he didn't take credit cards, so Kyle bought him a Jamba Juice around the corner and took it back to him. He asked for Kyle's phone number and said maybe he would come and visit us when he comes to Utah. Looks like we may have adopted Pali, the Poly.
Our plane didn't leave til 10 pm, so we still had a lot of day left to kill. We checked out of the hotel and went to the Aquarium for a few hours. We saw lots of the same fish and coral and creatures that we saw in the ocean every week but we saw some awesome things we didn't swim with too.
It was really funny to see someone in the tank, cleaning it, I guess every fish tank has to be cleaned....I wonder who does the one with the shark in it? That is a giant clam- we didn't see any of those in the ocean.
These were awesome jellyfish. Luckily we didn't see any of those in the ocean either. We heard of a jellyfish warning, and learned all we could about them, and waited for them to come (10 days after the full moon) but they never did.
These are giant groupers and in the background is the black tipped reef shark that was supposed to live on the outside of shark's cove. He is only about 5 feet long. Those fish were bigger than him. I am glad we didn't see any of them in the ocean.
Matty's last visit with a humuhumunukanuka'apua'a. This one was small and really fast.
I wish we could take one home with us.
I wish we could take this cute little puffer fish home with us too.
We did see one of these Monk Seals in the ocean and it seemed much happier than this guy in the aquarium.
It was a great afternoon. We were happy to just hang out and stroll around and enjoy the surroundings. It wasn't big enough, and we ran out of aquarium before we ran out of time.
We went to the mall and ate some dinner and then headed to the airport a few hours early.
Once we finally got settled into the airplane and on our way I think we were all happy to be headed home again. Hawaii was truly amazing and I wouldn't trade this adventure for anything, but it is true....
There's no place like home.
Aloha Oe' from the Wells Ohana
No comments:
Post a Comment