June 18, 2012

weekend getaway


We try to take a lot of little trips- Mostly Pine Valley, Lehi a few times,  Lake Powell a few times and Vegas a few times, and Disneyland at least once a year with a little random trip here and there.  We were blessed to be able to go to New York 2 times in the last 2 years. (and I went with my sisters the year before that).  So that is why I decided to name this blog "Wells Wanderings".  I don't usually take a lot of family pictures unless we are "at a place".  We also recently got an Ipad 3 that takes great pictures and also is always with us thanks to the newest Angry Birds app. (of which there is always a new one- the pigs are currently in space).  This last weekend was just about perfect.  The kids had an end of week performance at Tuacahn for Desert Stars, where they were fabulous of course!
and then we headed straight out to Pine Valley.  I got to scrapbook on the porch (my favorite summertime activity) while the kids played and Kyle tinkered and napped.  Then some friends (and the deer) showed up for dinner and s'mores.

We slept over and slept in and then Kyle ran to Central (about 10 miles).  We cleaned up, closed up, and picked him up and then stopped in Veyo to fish for Crawdads, swim and try the famous Pronto Pups (which would have been better with less pup and more pronto.....I think) but were still good, as far as corndogs go..... Matty kept trying to eat her hotdog "bait", we are lucky she doesn't have the gungus kyotis.  The crawdads thought Evan's toes were hotdogs so he spent most of his time perched on a rock.  Josh said sticks were a waste of time and waded in and fished two handed, and he got the biggest ones of all of us.

We got home in time to get some work done, run some errands to prep for the Sabbath.  Kyle and I also took time out to go get some dinner in the middle of the errands.  Perfect weekend if you ask me.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me too....glad you are blogging. It's fun to know what's happening and I'm so grateful we have Pine Valley and that you are enjoying it. See you all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! Excited to see where your wanderings take you guys.

    I can't believe how nonchalant those boys are with the deer behind them. My kids would be freaking out. In a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey jo, welcome to the blogging world. i'm so happy i can keep up with you more often.

    ReplyDelete