Since I was recovering we didn't do a whole lot of wandering, but we did make it up to Pine Valley for 2 whole nights in a row! It was great, mostly because we didn't really do anything. It was a crafting weekend. I brought my box of old toll paints and the kids painted everything they could find. I was so happy to use up those old paints, and the kids painted for hours.
I worked a puzzle in the house while the kids painted outside. It has been years since I did a puzzle....and probably years til I finish this one!
I also brought up some baby pictures of Matty and scrapbooked on the porch.
She almost has one whole book done now, I am hoping that I can get at least her first 6 months done before her birthday, but I am pushing it!
For Kyle it was a puttering weekend. He has a hard time just sitting, but he did relax quite a bit after he cleaned all the old pine boughs out of the field. I'm not sure how he got this load to the dumpsters!
We took a little hike up to the water tower. Kyle took the kids the first day, and then the second day we had the Beckstrand boys so we took them up too. I don't have pictures of this, Penny blogged about it and got some awesome pics, but they all got pretty daring at the water towers and had a really good time. We have started a new little tradition since Jeff Gardner bought the Branding Iron and changed the bar into an ice cream parlor, we go get ice cream cones, and since Beckstrands were with us for the first time, Aunt Penny treated!
There was of course, as always, the burning, perfecting and consuming of s'mores, s'kamallows, and the supposis'mores. (you'll have to ask Kyle the definitions and techniques).
Kyle wanted to run home, as always, so while we were cleaning up the cabin, Evan invented a really fun game to play with the golf cart called.......what a drag, or maybe it was the poor white trash version of Indiana Jones, since they had watched that movie earlier. Unfortunately I believe the shirt wasn't just covered with grass stains but also with cow manure. This is exactly why I have my kids bring their most "well-worn" clothes to Pine Valley. These went straight in the trash.
Only David was as daring (a.k.a brainless) as Evan with the crochet mallet approach, so they got out one of the snow sleds and attached it so everyone could have a turn. It did, of course end in a crash and lots of tears and bruises, but no broken bones and more importantly :) no broken golf cart.
A very fun little stay-cation in heaven.






No comments:
Post a Comment