November 15, 2012

GOOOOOOOO DIXIE!

We have loved being involved in the Alumni board at the college, as time consuming as it is during football season, it is nice to be full of that old Dixie spirit.  It has also turned us into pretty big Dixie sports fans, and it didn't hurt that this year we had a great football season and the games were so fun to watch.  I am glad the burger flipping season is over, and basketball season has begun.
  The last few years Kyle has gotten passes for his brother's families too.  Kind of as a way to pay them back for all the dental work and trigger point injections and medications (not that we abuse the system in any way..... hhmmm). ANYWAY,  It is tons of fun for us all to go together and to let our kids run wild and pretend they belong to someone else.

  Well, the first pre-season game for basketball this year was against UNLV.  HUGE!  In the Thomas & Mack Center.  HUGE!  The problem was that it was a Wednesday night and was inconceivable.  Kyle said at about 3 pm, will you just make one last ditch effort to see if there isn't someone that could stay with the kids..... so I call Shayne, hoping on a wing and a prayer that she doesn't have to work or have tons of homework, and she can watch the kids and get them to swim team and fed.....etc....wing and a prayer.  She says well I can't, but my mom had the day off work last minute so she is right here......pause while Shayne explains our plans.....then "yeah, she will take them if you can have them ready if 5 minutes, we are at your post office."
 WOOO HOOOO! We are headed to Vegas!
  THANK YOU PENNY!
I text Kyle and he says bring me clothes to change into, 
we get all our poop in a group and by 4 pm we are on the road!

Of course our first stop is B DUBS.  Kyle's brother's have him totally addicted to wings now, and I think they are pretty good too, as long as there is a Dr. Pepper close by to wash them down.

I had never been in the Thomas & Mack Center and it was intimidating, I can't believe it is a college stadium, they serve alcohol, in the elite seats they even serve alcohol by way of very cold girls.
Our seats were up in the nose bleeds and I was afraid to cheer for our team surrounded by Rebels.
When we got there Dixie was down by 8 or so and we were surprised that they were doing that well, we really thought we would get crushed.  Then Coach Judkins, as always, lit a fire under them at half time and they started to catch up- so I started taking pictures....




Here is the run down of the score.....all the Dixie fans were taking pictures of the jumbotron.


It was such an exciting game.  We found the other Dixie fans and sat by them, and it was so much fun.  Even though in the end we lost by one point, we were so proud of those boys for taking UNLV into overtime.  It is going to be an awesome season!



1 comment:

  1. Next time, don't even hesitate,... drop the kids off here.

    ReplyDelete