Our adventures this summer were supposed to start with CHINA~ but it didn't happen due to our guide getting colon cancer, but one day, one day we will go. Instead we went to LEHI! It was a little bit of a let down, no great wall, but China doesn't have awesome grandparents and cousins so really it's a wash ;).
You may notice George is missing from all of these. He was at Scout Camp the same week of Roundup.
When we first got to Lehi we got to drop our kids off and continue to Salt Lake. Kyle had a conference and it was our anniversary so we got two nights in Little America and got to go to grown up restaurants and stores, and we got to go to dinner and a movie with Jandy, whom we miss dearly. I also stopped on my way to Salt Lake and had lunch with my long lost cousin Jenny.
The best part was Kyle's conference......because I got to do NOTHING!
I woke up late and went to the temple and I read and slept and laid out by the pool. It was fantastic to have free time and to not fill it!
The other great part about it being just me and Kyle....these are the only pictures I took! My little balcony was perfect because it looked right down on the fountains and green grass and was on the second floor so people didn't look in on me as they passed. It was the best room in the place. The weather was also divine. Just an absolutely perfect 48-ish hours to recharge my batteries.
Lehi was great. We went to the much improved Lehi City Pool, and up American Fork canyon for dinner. We went to Hutchings Museum. We went to the Parades and Rodeo and a quick trip back up to SLC to meet Traci and her family at the Gateway fountains and stock up on goodies from Trader Joes! We spent a lot of time enjoying the yard and the beautiful weather.
 |
| The only pool I know that allows Chicken fights, and still has a high dive. The big boys were all so great with Matty. |
|
 |
| The kids were brave on the high dive. The waterproof camera was lots of fun. |
 |
| One of my favorite places, swinging bridge campground in American Fork Canyon. |
 |
| Hutchings Museum (I haven't been here since I was in Elementary) The kids loved it, black powder, morse code and all. |
 |
| Liesel the clown waved at us! The boys were mesmerized by the motorcycles and Emily lost a tooth while we were there. |
 |
The horse parade out in front of Grandma and Grandpa's house and the Gateway fountains.
|
 |
| I love the miniature float parade, I wish we did one of these in St. G. The kids love the candy. Matty would bring hers back to me for safe keeping. Evan had to bring his back to Kyle for inspection and tithing! |
When we weren't in Lehi we were in some sort of swimming pool in St. George to beat the summertime heat. The older kids have swim team again this year- Go Narwhals! and the little ones had swimming lessons. Evan got to have two sessions of swim lessons so he is totally ready to join the swim team next year and is very excited about it. They have also been to their cousins pools several times as well. It was very ironic that they didn't get sunburned until we went to Lehi, and Evan even got heat stroke.
 |
| The Narwhals first swim meet. It was very exciting! |
 |
| That Evan isn't doing much swimming in these, but he is doing a lot of smiling and that is what counts! |
The other summertime refuge we have from the heat is Pine Valley. We made good use of that fire pit each weekend during May and most of June, but now they have put stringent fire restrictions on the valley and it is a bummer. Kyle added a shooting range this year....well, some straw and some kiddie bow and arrows, but they are a big hit. So much so, that Sophie got her own archery set for her birthday just to use up there.
 |
| I love these pics of Kyle and his Mini Me. |
 |
| I am none too shabby at this sport.....okay I got lucky, but I am not bad and it is really fun! |
|
You had a trip to China planned? AND it fell through???? So sorry to hear that. But it looks like you're managing to have fun anyway. :)
ReplyDelete