August 29, 2013

My parents journey together.


This will be out of order, but I got some great pictures and wanted to honor my parents for just a minute.  We were able to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary all together this year.  It was May 10th, well the party was the 11th, but we are just lucky we got to have a party at all.  Mom consented to letting us have just their children and siblings (and honorary siblings Uncle Gary and Aunt Kaye).


Paula planned a great event.  Jan made an awesome replica of their wedding cake and Kyle BBQ'ed 40 chicken breasts.  It was a great day.  I love my parents so much.  They are an inspiring example of patience and long suffering.:)....or hard work and endurance.;).....I mean love and charity.  They are actually examples of all of those things, since any married person knows it will take all those things to enjoy 50 years together....and eternity.


The grandkids all stood in a row and blew bubbles as they came in to the park...someone gave mom that flower so it seemed like she was carrying a bouquet.......kind of funny.



Baby Brynn, Grandpa and Sarah

Aunt Marsha Ann...there is not a picture in existence where these two are just smiling nicely!

I think everyone was waiting for a blessing on the food...and I made them look at me for a picture instead!

So worth the trip to get to spend this awesome day with my parents.

Love her!

Right where he wants to be......by himself with his back to the crowd....chicken done Wells.

Crazy cousins!

This is Grandma reading the surprise present that Grandpa got her...a tour of Western Canada.

We told mom to laugh a little right before the picture and that would make her smile look more natural, but then she got the giggles and couldn't stop laughing!



Andy wrote a new song for the occasions, and also played all our old favorites.


and I hope Andy is always by my side!

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post. I do love your parents too. They have always been such good examples of love and acceptance and I've always felt welcome in their home and family. Cute pictures. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete