July 3, 2012

Jandy's journey

This blog was meant mostly for blogging about going places but, two of my favorite things about St. George left today for a new place.  I haven't been able to stop crying.  Jan taught me that blogs can be healing, so I am going to try to write my feelings a little.
Growing up I have only a few memories of Jan and they were mostly of her big high school parties in the basement, or of her bringing a house full of college students home with her from Cedar City, and  one very early memory of getting to be Dopey in her backyard production of Snow White, even though I couldn't whistle 
(she told me to ACT like I was whistling)!


She moved to St. George before I did.  It made the decision to move to St. George or to stay in Albuquerque easier, not only is it home to Kyle, but with two of my sisters here, it was already home to me.  Everyone told me how lucky I was to have my siblings here, and I was.  We had some fantastic years, created some fantastic traditions and made some really amazing memories, not just with Jan, but mostly because of Jan.

Then there were two....not the dogs, they came a little later, but Jan became Jandy and we couldn't have been happier.  There aren't words for how I feel about Andy.  I miss him as much as I miss Jan.  I have never felt so close to a brother-in-law, or to a brother (no offense all y'all brothers- you are all pretty...as Jan would say).  Andy has the biggest heart, and a really great perspective, and is so ridiculously funny.  He did  "in a van down by the river" one day in a restaurant and I almost peed my pants.  We have a really great relationship, at least I think so....he was always telling me we were fighting or that I was dead to him, but I am pretty sure he was just joking! I hope.  I hope he didn't drive away and sigh in relief about getting away from me (and Evan).
I love this picture- the subway was so much fun with Andy.


We are so blessed to have an aunt and uncle that love our kids more than their shoes.
Emily wanted to move with them, no hesitation, she would have done it, 

and Andy loves Matty so much it hurts  

 We have been extra blessed that they have opened the doors to acting for our kids. 
(and for the amazing amount of free tickets we have gotten to stuff at Tuacahn)
Emily has found her path, that is why she wants to be with them so much, it is the path they forged.
They all got to participate, but Jan instantly recognized Emily's talent and made her the star of Once on this Island at age 7.  They were both so great at bringing out her talent.
   I was there the night they told the Tuacahn kids that they wouldn't be back next year, and there was literal weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth, probably some rent clothing too.
Some of it was Emily, and I told her, there is no need for tears, we get to keep Jandy for ever, f.o.r.e.v.e.r.
and that makes me so happy, but here I am today, the drama kids would be proud of me the way I have carried on, even in the middle of swimming my laps at the gym I couldn't stop crying.
I am supportive of the new path they need to take in their journey, 
I just wish so much it was closer to ours. 

I love you more.  Break a leg.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  


No comments:

Post a Comment