July 17, 2012

Lake Powell Party




Mason Wells knows how to throw a party, especially if that party is on a house boat.  He has it down to a science-but not boring complicated science; fun, exciting, and tasty science!  I do have to admit that the idea of all the kids on the water for 3 days makes me a little crazy with fright and anxiety.  I couldn't bring Matty, but our sweet neighbor girls, the Spilkers, kept her good and entertained while we were away.  Once I get there I really enjoy myself, my kids and my Wells family so much.  We always have a great time and thankfully we were all safe once again as well.




In this bottom picture they all put their life jackets on upside down like a diaper and thought it was the funniest thing ever invented! (thanks Aunt Mandy)
Speaking of Aunt Mandy....she is the life of the party, Mason and Kyle were throwing the kids off the back of the boat (yes I am realizing as I am typing that we don't sound like very safety concerned parents but I promise we are), well Mandy couldn't resist joining in on the fun....
She is the funnest mom I know!

Here are some other pictures of the fun:

The sand castle, that most of us climb once and touch the wall and then try to make it all the way to the water before we fall down....some aren't so lucky, and some fall on purpose just for fun!


The tube is fun to watch, but terrifying to sit in..It is 100% peer pressure that you see me in that tube even once, but at least I didn't have to jump off the cliff with all the lemmings too!











Kyle liked to ride with the little, but daring, kids - some extra weight really gets that thing jumping, and kids flying.






Even though there isn't a picture, Emily wants it recorded in history that she jumped!
Evan also jumped after overcoming a lot of fear and succumbing to a lot of peer pressure.
I (of course) wasn't up there with him, but Kyle said it was awesome to see him just make up his mind and in a split second, let go of Kyle's leg and start running toward the edge.
It is only 2 and a half days, but we play so hard it feels like we are there a week....
a really awesome week.

No comments:

Post a Comment