We stayed in St. George for Christmas this year, but we packed that break so full of fun stuff,
you would have thought we had never been here before!
This is a pretty great place to live. Always fun to be had in St. George.
| This is what happened when we put George in charge so we could go Christmas shopping. (that is George) |
![]() | |
| George accompanied his show choir during one of the songs at his choir concert. |
Kyle decided last minute that we would have taco night, with the visiting Chinese professors, at our house after we found some great corn tortillas at a little hole in the wall Mexican shop.
As you can see, no one in that picture is Chinese.
He ended up inviting all his siblings and kids AND the Chinese professors and it was a great meal and great fun. Mandy had just gotten out of the hospital from having a defibrillator implanted in her chest...after she passed out...she is doing good now.
Usually impromptu parties at my house stress me out a little-a lot. This was fun though (they always are) and I wish I could relax a little and do it more often.
There is a man from China too, called Newman. I didn't get a pic of him. These other three are called: Tracy, Miranda, and Cathy. They are very kind, and love, LOVE my kids. They are very Asian, and it is fun to laugh about the cultural differences. They like to practice lifting Matty and saying "Oh, Matty you so fat!"
When they were introduced to Great Grandma Sullivan, they instantly asked her how old she was.
We are some sort of giant social experiment to them. Cathy has probably taken 500 pictures of us.
I am afraid that we are going to be the subject of the next article she writes when she returns to China.
She is especially enchanted with Emily and her beautiful blonde hair.
After tacos we went to the Dixie basketball game.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GINGERBREAD HOUSES<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I love this tradition that I started when we moved here, years ago.
It takes me a few weeks to prepare, but as long as I give myself plenty of time to prep, and watch plenty of Christmas movies while I do it, I enjoy the whole process.
Next year I will take pictures of the steps.
This year I got smart and made my own, on my own, in my own sweet time and I enjoyed that too.
Masterpieces like this one make it all worth it!
Let the chaos begin!
I made 16 this year. The kids did a fantastic job, I was really impressed with their creativity and the effort they put into them. Uncle James had a hard time with the judging.
![]() |
| Mine is the one with the perfect rows of M&M's on the roof. I didn't win a prize ;(. |
| Best Overall Winner -Yeah Jane! |
![]() |
| Lucy didn't want to decorate, but loved eating everyone's houses |








1. The babysitting pic is hilarious.
ReplyDelete2. LOVE your gingerbread houses.
3. Your hair is so cute!
Good times, good memories. Love your posts...keeps me connected. Thanks.
ReplyDelete