Jillyn planned a spring break trip to her current hometown of Folsom CA for the three oldest granddaughters during spring break and they did not let one minute pass without making a memory. It was the first airplane ride that Emily remembers (as she took two when she was very little). I let her take my camera and she did take tons of pictures but most of these I stole from Jillyn's blog because she is very nearly a professional photographer. I really wish I could just refer you to her blog, but I need to do some preserving of my own.
Their first day there they spent kayaking in Jillyn and Randy's favorite little lake near their home. Emily said this was the funnest thing they did the whole time.
She fell in at one point and that is why she is sitting ON the kayak in the last pic, instead of inside with Laynee! ![]() | |
| Coloma Jail and the Beer Garden |
In this last picture, Emily had fallen in the water, AGAIN :)
Monday they were off to San Fran
I was very jealous of all they got to do and see in Frisco,
Grandma really really spoiled these girls.
![]() | |
| There was the aquarium, |
![]() |
| Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 |
![]() |
| A boat trip under the Golden Gate Bridge and out to Alcatraz |
![]() |
| and Lombard Street! |
They also got to see a magician, have sundaes at Ghiradelli Square and lots lots more.
It was a quiet 4 days at our house and we were glad to have our Emily back, but also glad she got to have such a great experience with her cousins. Thanks Jillyn and Randy!






Such good memories. I'm just reading this post, smiling as I remember these good times. Looking forward to more memories (and many more pictures) in a couple of weeks in Hawaii.
ReplyDelete