So the first word is MAN- I say MAN and he writes it-but it looks terrible and I immediately get on him about writing neatly...me- "the teacher would mark that wrong because the n looks like an h and he says "but it is really hard to write it nicely without looking".......he had his eyes closed.
I realized that what I meant was: you can't look at the spelling list while you take the test, what he heard was: you have to take the test with your eyes closed (without looking at the words).
It would be really hard to take a test that way- BTW he did get 100% on the final, and man still looked like mah, but he has a very nice teacher!
One last funny thing he just did while I was writing this. He got out one of Kyle's lasers and was spinning it in a big circle on the ceiling. He started galloping in place and said in his best Southern accent, "Look mom, I'm a laser cowboy!"
GEORGE
George is such a phenomena to me. I have asked over and over again, where did he come from? He came straight from his Heavenly Father, because neither of his earthly parents have that kind of talent. I wonder if our talent comes from our Heavenly Mother....not that Heavenly Father isn't all-talented, but just that I imagine her to be overflowing with peace and ability to nurture and lift people's spirits..... that just came to me right this minute but back to the boys....George had a duet piano recital on Monday night, luckily his teacher was also blessed with amazing talent and was able to play with him (some of the other kids moms or siblings played with the students, but not George's :)). Here is the video of their song.
He says he made a whole bunch of mistakes but it was great and Bob Ruesch his teacher just thinks he is about the most talented kid he's ever taught and switched him last minute to be the "closer".
Bob is pretty sure that George has perfect pitch and is very enthusiastic about his future as a pianist.
Jillyn and Grandma Sullivan were able to come and so we went to "a place" after to eat.
You've never met two boys so different (already) but I am so proud of both of them and am so grateful they are mine. I look forward to the fun adventures we will have together as they grow.


Where was "the place"?
ReplyDeleteThe "test without looking" story cracked me up. :)
ReplyDelete