September 5, 2012

Labor(less) Day

I have always wondered why they would name a holiday Labor Day, it doesn't make sense.  
Ours had very little labor- at least mine :).
Kyle and Mandy took a 35 mile bike ride- I am sure that was pretty laborious.  I did go swim laps and am back up to my half a mile in 45 minutes. (this doesn't sound very impressive but it has been a long road getting there, and then getting back there again after the surgery)
 When I got back I found out we were going swimming!

Mason and Mandy took us to the Bloomington Country Club pool which reminded us a lot of the pool in Sandlot.  It was perfect for our families. There was a diving board (until the dads broke it)...
Spencer's signature move.....the limp fish
George, same move, but he calls it the penguin dive...
Super Mac

This is Drew completely upside down

Evan......always leaving us speechless :)

  there was also a kiddie pool to keep Matty (and Seth) occupied. Matty thought she was pretty fancy in her new goggles that matched her swimsuit. She kept trying to stick her head under the water- 
she looked like an ostrich.

It was a great afternoon.  We all got fried which I didn't think was possible after having been out in the St. George sun for the last 5 months.  Evan has been tan since April but still managed to get a sunburn.....weird.. I guess you can never let your guard down when it comes to sunscreen.  The best part is that I got a new camera and it is waterproof so it has been a fun toy, but I forget to take it anyplace we go- unless there is water!  Seth said to me at one point when I was taking pics in the pool- hey your camera's gonna get wet.  Thanks Seth.

























So even though I have no evidence... we also went to Pine Valley with all the cousins- we totalled 30, Grandma even came and everyone had a fantastic time- all the same old stuff but it never seems to get old.  Sunday night everyone showed up at Grandma's and the Sullivans from the North(that is their title in my new novel :)) came down too, so we got to visit with Neil and Mary, and Michelle as well. The cousins slept on our tramp on Sunday night,  I hate sleepovers so much, but we gave in mostly because Kyle promised the kids they could sleep out there but didn't want to sleep with them. Father of the year! They were happier with their cousins anyway.  I do wish I had a picture of that- 7 kids between the ages of 12 and 6 sleeping in a pile in the middle of the tramp.  I probably will let them do that again (next summer), just don't tell George.

On Monday after swimming and some much needed napping, we went to see Alladin. Aladin? I don't know how to spell it....anyway Grandma came with us again and it was a great night, and at least I had my cell phone so we could get some pics with our favorite actors.
Annie Frehner, our favorite choreographer from Desert Stars

Tino Smith- our favorite person ever! and past Tuacahneer.

We didn't want to wait in line, so that is Jasmine, Aladin and the Geenie in the background!
 Now we are wiped out, so I guess we did work pretty hard on Labor Day after all.  At least we played hard, but I still wish we had another Sunday after it so I could catch up.

2 comments:

  1. Great post...it was a fun week-end and I'm so glad you are blogging and even more glad for the pictures. Keep up the good work. Now we just need Mason and Mandy on board with the blogging thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those underwater pics are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete