NOT A SHARK!!
I have said it before and I will say it again, every time we go to the beach I think....same-o same-obut every time it surprises me with something new and exciting.
This time was the pinnacle of the trip. I think I might be able to consider coming home now.
We saw dolphins. It is not the first time we have seen dolphins, but it is the first time we had the kayak with us and were able to get out to them and follow them and swim with them. Most of the first 30 or so pictures were of a big splash where a dolphin had just landed after doing something awesome.
Finally we got some fin pictures, and then a whole lot of fins in pictures.
Emily put the goggles on and took the camera into the water. She got locked onto these three and got this awesome picture. She was holding onto the side of the kayak and we kept moving her away from them, because we could see other groups and didn't know that she could see some too. Then I took a turn in the water and saw these guys dive.
I wasn't sure if I was even getting any good pictures because they were so far down, about 30 to 40 feet. So I just kept snapping pics. It was so incredible. I was freaking out about the dolphins and also freaking out that I was swimming in water that was 50 feet deep! I got back in the kayak and started taking video instead of trying to snap pictures of them playing.
It was so fun to watch them, I felt a little guilty about the family members we left on the shore, but there was just no way to come back in and go back out. We were really far out at one point and were exhausted by the time we got back to shore, but it was so worth it, it would have been worth going twice as far, but then I really would have freaked out. Especially since when Kyle took his turn out of the kayak this was all he saw-
YIKES!
This manta ray was super deep but he was so big (probaby 6 feet Kyle thinks)
I could see him from inside the kayak.
Can't wait for the next beach adventure!!
Amazing. Gorgeous. Unbelievable. Wow.
ReplyDelete