July 27, 2014

Slip-n-slide

We were invited to two different beach birthday parties the last two weeks we were here.  The first one was for a one year old in our ward. We found out a few days before the party that this family, the Kamau'us, lived in Eagle Mountain for a little while 6 years ago, before they moved to Hawaii!! The world is very small in the church.  Kia, the dad, grew up in Hawaii, and so they came back for him to take over the family business. They had a slip-n-slide and giant bubbles.










The bubbles were made with glycerin and sugar.  They were incredible.  I love this picture of Matty because someone else just outside the picture is blowing another bubble and it makes the bottom of the picture look morphed.



Of course, Evan found a tree to climb.






Evan kind of invited us to the next party.  We didn't even know that it was a birthday party til we got there, Evan's friend invited us to his friend's beach party.
Amanda just said it was a slip-n-slide party, not that it was someone's birthday! Oh well, they were fine with it.



This slip-n-slide was funner, into a sandier ocean and a little steeper incline, but the parents had to haul buckets of water up said incline to keep the party going.  It was good exercise.  I also did the slip-n-slide once, even though there isn't proof.  I raced Amanda and I would like to say I won (since there is no proof), but I didn't.
 By the end of the 2 months, George was getting really tired of me taking pictures of him. He stopped posing at about week 7 and stopped smiling by week 8.  Also, his belly had board rash the entire 2 months.

Evan and Eldon became fast friends.  He was a great little boy.  I was up in my chair at one point and I hear shouting from somewhere out in the ocean, "JoooElllllennnn, can me and Evan go climb the black rocks?" I finally pinpointed Eldon, and his mom, and cleared it with her, and sent Emily with them!  Good kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment