July 15, 2014

Date Night


A few times we were able to leave the kids at home and have a little date.  We had to pick Spencer and Shana up quite late at the airport, so we headed out early and got some dinner in Mililani at a place called Only Tacos...neither of us had tacos.  It was great food.  Kyle loved his bowl of cheese and meats (mocajete), and we had great music.  A local Christian band played the whole time.

I wanted him to see the craziness of Waikiki at night, but I didn't know that it was the weekend of the PanPacific Festival, so it was extra crazy.  The roads were closed and packed with people, performers and vendors.  We kinda wished we HAD known so we could have eaten some of the crazy food there, but the eye candy was enough.

I wish I had gotten a better picture of this kettle drum band.  They were mostly female Asians.  It was the craziest combination! Think Jamaica meets Malaysia meets Micheal Jackson.











We escaped through a fancy hotel and back to their infinity pool overlooking the ocean (the black part is all ocean).  There was an amazing full moon, and for once I wished I had Ira's fancy camera to capture it.



 The little patch of sand we found was the softest sand we have felt by far.  I think they must have trucked it in.  Everything is man-made in Waikiki, but it is fun to see.  Now I know why all the Hawaiian musicians sing their version of "Country road, Take me home".  When I come to town I am very grateful that we live in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment