The kids were so excited and they were so excited to be here. We went straight to the swap meet, of which I took no pictures. We spent a lot of money on souvenirs, and then headed for home. It is fun to drive up the island with new people for the first time. The temperature drops, the big buildings disappear and the stress starts to melt away- very much like driving up to Pine Valley. I read somewhere, in regards to the freeways in Hawaii "let people pass, don't honk, just bask", even thought the traffic is horrendous, the view is tremendous!
We met Kyle at home, changed into our suits and headed for the beach. Randy couldn't get in the water fast enough. He is part porpoise I think, he is so at home in the ocean. He got on his fins and snorkel and was gone. Jillyn will post a lot of these pictures on her blog and I will steal some, but here are a few I got.
Randy found a sea slug at the bottom of the ocean and put it in his pocket and brought it up for the kids to see. It peed on George right then.
He threw it to Kyle and Kyle thought it was a rock and freaked out a little when he came in contact with its slimy skin.
That is Randy getting rolled by the waves. That usually is unpleasant for most people but Randy didn't seem to mind- I think he has gills hiding somewhere :)
Grandma was there too, she got some great pictures, but she also got some great water time. I was actually taking a picture of the local boys behind her playing frisbee with a little haka and par core thrown in.
Evan started to play frisbee with the poly boys. He was really just their gopher when the disk went the wrong way, but they were nice to him and it was fun to watch. He is basically the same color as them, he would have had them fooled if his hair was darker!
The sun was going down so the pictures weren't detailed, but were good silhouettes.
They were a little more daring when they were jumping off the lower rock.
They bugged this snowflake eel until they could get a good picture of him. Kyle said he was changing colors as he was hiding in different spots from them. Scary. But Kyle said it was more scared of them.....blah blah blah.
This was the result of the fun night so I guess it was worth it. This one is a keeper.

No comments:
Post a Comment