May 21, 2014

Ocean Discoveries

I was starting to think that we were going to become bored with this place.  Same old beach every week.  The beach we love, but you know, the same beach, so not really blog worthy.  I was very pleasantly surprised the last time we went to Wiamea.  The ocean is never the same and this morning the tide was out and there was no surf.  It was just a big swimming pool.  Kyle took the kids to jump from the rock.



Emily loved it.

 I missed Evan's jump.  He doesn't hesitate once he has decided to do something.  Hopefully next time. Kyle says it is easier to jump backwards but it sure doesn't look it. The local kids showed up in droves right then, it was a Saturday, so we moved on.

We found this cave this is normally underwater or being smashed with waves.


And this hole in the rock.  It was still getting smashed with waves, but we could jump and stand up and then hold on to the walls until the waves slowed down and then swim out...or walk out, like I did.

 At first we were nervous, to join Kyle but we all ended up jumping in.

 This is what the walls looked like inside the little cave.
 My camera got a little water logged.
 This was a little tiny cove. The ocean was behind them.  It was a nice little mermaid spot.
 The second time they jumped through the hole and swam out the cave, I stayed back so I could get a picture of them coming out, but they were a little too fast for me.

This is my attempt at sand art.   The sand is like glue, it sticks onto and into everything!








Then we went back to the swimming pool part of the beach and just laid out....on the water...


Another hard day at work!

1 comment: