To start, this is a photo of the house from the side yard. It looks small from the front, but it is very long, this doesn't even show the guest quarters off the back. The upstairs is a new addition, it is the Master suite. We have lots of room. It is very comfortable. Here are some views from the neighborhood.
This is the road we take to get down the mountain. It is steep and curvy, but only last a couple of miles.
This was like the 4th day we were here. I was brought to tears by the beauty and and the blessing it is for our family to have this experience. What a wonderful world...
I encountered this tunnel on one of my walks, but didn't dare take it. A few days later Kyle came on a walk with me and we ventured through it. This is what the other side looks like...
Just weeds. It led to the next street over. I was a little disappointed and a little relieved at the same time. Cool pictures though, even the weeds are pretty.
This is another trail we found, it is actually a marked bike trail, a state park. It leads to a lookout over the ocean. The pictures make the ocean look close but there is a huge forested drop off and then the ocean.
I of course let Kyle go in first to make sure no one was sleeping in there. People here don't seem to care where they sleep. We've seen a lot of random sleepers, one right at this trailhead in fact, but I didn't take his picture!
This is what the inside looks like. It was pretty clean, for how vandalized it was. It was a really nice little hike, next time I will take the dogs with me....just in case! Kyle took the kids and the dogs this morning. The kids weren't impressed, they are getting descencitized to the site of the ocean, and they thought it was a little creepy.
Another morning I found a National Landmark in our neighborhood, we actually drove to it, because I wasn't exactly sure how far it was, but then I realized it is a good 4 mile hike from our house and my new favorite....no dogs, just chickens.
It doesn't look like much, but 250 years ago it was the site for a Hawaiian religious temple and courtyard where they made sacrifices to the Gods. We followed a little trail into the weeds again....
It had a great lookout over the ocean too. This time we were East so we could see Waimea (sunburn beach) and look down over Waimea Valley and the river.
It was rainy and the trail was muddy, of course Evan fell. The rain was kind of refreshing from the hot and humid first week we had here though. I will never get over the view of the ocean. This was a great one.
This is a picture of the suburban that we have been so fortunate to be able to drive down to the beach every day. It is old and full of sand and is perfect. We have named it the "beach bus"
Last pic is of our very own coconut tree (ours for 2 months anyway). Evan was so excited when he first saw it, overflowing with nuts....but it is also overflowing with ants......we may see if we can remedy that problem for him.








No comments:
Post a Comment