March 19, 2015

Grand tradition

Every year we try to go to the Grand Canyon, well, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.  And sometimes people come with us and sometimes it is just us.  This year it was just us, and we were used to "us" so even though the kids wished their cousins could come, they are happy with us- which is a great blessing that I hope lasts a lifetime.
My favorite part of this trip is not the canyon itself but the changing leaves we get to see in the mountains of Northern Arizona.  The yellows are so vibrant they look spray painted.  The camera- at least my camera phone, can never capture it, but it always takes my breath away.

  I think the kids favorite part is the easy-cheese. Road trips are the only time I buy that disgusting "cheese" in a spray can, and not all road trips- one or two a year if they are lucky.


It's upside down, but it says G DUB which is what the YM quorum calls George.
I think the cookies at Jacob Lake Inn actually tie for my favorite thing about this trip :)








 The kids other favorite part is climbing where they shouldn't climb and freaking out their mom.  Great fun.



She got this shirt at Jacob Lake and insisted on changing into before she went hiking!


 Even though it never changes, it never gets old to take a day off and pay homage to such a grand place.

No comments:

Post a Comment