March 18, 2015

Lake Powell

Once a summer we go with Mason and Mandy's family, to stay at their houseboat and enjoy Lake Powell.  Every year I stress about it, because I am not a water person (wasn't), and I have always been intimidated by it.  This year we had been home from living at the ocean for 2 months and that apprehension was long gone.  This was also the first year we took Matty, feeling like she was finally old enough to respect the water, and the rules, and to swim enough to stay afloat if anything should happen.  It was so fun to be hanging with our cousins again!
They love their time on, and around the house boat as much as the time out on the speed boat.

 They got a couple of Stand-up Paddle boards which we loved, because we had become pretty darn good at paddling this summer! Matty and Miller were a riot on that thing, paddling with all their might.

 Matty and Miller did so great playing together, it was the first time they have just had each other, and no other friend options, and they realized they really like each other.  They had a ball together and were pretty much inseparable.



 It was a quick trip but it was also just our two families and grandma so we got plenty of tube time.  We even got out the skis and boogie board and the slalom ski (I think is what it is called) for everyone to try out.


 They all loved to knee board, except Matty, who was extremely serious about the job at hand....




George landed it!
Evan meditating his way down the slide - he's so chill.

 Kyle had tweaked his back pretty badly just before this trip which made riding in the speed boat quite painful, so he spent a lot of time watching from the beach.



He also refrained from cliff jumping this time too.  I am not sure why I only have one picture of cliff jumpers- they all spent quite a bit of time jumping.  Better than no pictures at all I guess.
 These two were asleep in the truck before we even got out of the state park- proof that it was a successful trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment