March 20, 2015

Halloween

Nothing can beat last year's Halloween, and this year didn't even come close!  We were pretty chill this year. We even missed Grandma's birthday party.  This was not Emily's costume, but her outfit for hippie day at school.  I just think she looks adorable.
  Oh the pumpkin carving mess!  Evan loves their guts!


Of course we went to Thriller for Kyle's birthday.  This year we took Maycee and Emily.
 For some reason, I will never understand, this is Kyle's happy place.



 These were a couple of our favorite zombies.  She kept begging food off of Kyle and Mason.  Christian was one of Jandy's students and he is always an impressive zombie.  YUCK!

 The class parties were fun.  I actually didn't stay for Matty's this year- but snapped this cute picture of her and Nolan Pead.  He's the grandson of our neighbors.
Everyone loved Matty's coconuts!  Evan's parade was fun, and I had a great time throwing his class party.

 I just love his teacher, she just moved here, from Oregon and she is great with these crazy boys.
Since Evan is usually beat up in one way or another, we decided this was the best costume for him, and I went as his nurse (my actual full-time job).  We did a good job on his make-up, some people asked how much of it was real.  The secretary at lunch asked him why he didn't dress up!

We did stop by the neighborhood party, which we haven't done for a few years. 
 We also let the girls go off on their own for a while.
 
Steve's family was down for a ball tournament and so after a while, they came over with Beckstrands and circled the neighborhood again.


Kyle put the black light at our front door and it was a pretty sweet effect.










He also took the four big boys to a haunted house at our gym, which they said was really really scary. -Success for teenage boys.












 The best part of the night was dumping out the candy and separating and trading.  How many decades has Halloween ended this way?

 And this way?
If the youngest and the oldest trick-or-treaters in the family fell asleep on the couch with candy dripping from their mouths, then it must have been a really good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment