It took them a long time to get the ground ready, the water, and plumbing and a/c and all the stuff nobody sees, and then poured the foundation. After that it literally took one day to frame it and one day to roof, then a lot more days to do everything else.
They dug the footings and it looked like it was going to be really
small, and then they poured the slab, and I really started to panic at
how tiny it was going to be.
They put up the outside walls fairly quickly too and had yet to break into the house, which was so nice. I was so worried about it being small, I took the plans one day and Matty's sidewalk chalk and drew it out on the driveway. I measured all our furniture and drew it in the room too to see if we would fit, and it turns out our furniture is smaller than I think it is, and we were going to fit just fine. It was still hard to have the right perspective on it all though.
We are getting really excited, and with that getting very easily agitated by our close quarters, knowing that soon we will have space of our own.
No comments:
Post a Comment