March 18, 2015

Where to start?

I have been negligent.  I started selling tupperware and that has taken up a lot of my free time, and well honestly the every day stuff just didn't seem worth blogging about after our summer in Hawaii. BUT Matty is home sick today so I am grounded and started looking through some of the old blogs and they really touched me.  So I am repenting and am going to try to catch up, as impossible as it may seem, with the last 6 months.  Not all in this blog...but you have to start somewhere.
My new calling- well, new-ish calling, is Cub Scouts, but now instead of being in charge of a whole stake worth of Cub Scouts,  I am in charge of 5 little Bear Scouts, and it is pretty fun.  I can't say I wasn't disappointed when the Bishopric came to extend this calling since my heart has always been in Young Womens, but the truth of the matter is, service is service, and it doesn't really matter the call.  I have never been one to wait for a calling to serve, either, so this is one of many things I do on the Lord's errand.  I have a very strong testimony of service, and know it is the root of my happiness.  I love to serve where ever and whom ever I can, so Bear scouts it is!
We went on a scout bike ride around the river trail.  We did all the pre-ride training - learned the hand signals, and how to take care of our bikes, the only obstacle was getting across Riverside Drive with 5 crazy 9 year olds.  We didn't lose anyone and it was a beautiful early December day.  It made me happy to be in St. George.
Eli Larkin, Hunter Wilson, David Bartschi, and Evan



 We really live in a beautiful place. It was a great day for a bike ride, and the boys did great.  Evan had a bit of a hard time keeping up, but I stayed behind him and prodded him along.

 We stopped half way and took a little water and Hi-Chew break.  They got a Hi-Chew (the candy of choice for my den) for each bike safety question they got right- always teaching!
 I couldn't have done it without this guy. They haven't given me a second in command, and so I deemed George my Den Chief, and he is a tremendous help with the energy these boys can produce.  He led the way and kept them together for me.  And even though Evan isn't quite old enough to be in my group, I brought him along for comedic relief- as always he did not disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment